IFM Electronic 3D sensors
3D sensor is stand-alone device with built-in backlight and data processing in a sturdy housing. The sensor, called the "electronic eye", is designed for object recognition, quality control and other production tasks.
IFM Electronic sensors operate by measuring and calculating the flight time of a light beam on the basis of PMD technology. That is the 1st industrial 3D sensor which receives a three-dimensional image in one shot and evaluates it. Each pixel of its matrix produces an independent estimate of the distance to the object independent of other pixels. A snapshot of the object on the matrix and the corresponding distance values together form a three-dimensional image. An integrated signal evaluation system allows detailed estimation of objects or scenes by detecting distance, volume and level in three dimensions.
Setup is easy due to a professional and user-friendly menu guide that allows you to configure efector dualis on your application in 6 steps.
The main characteristics:
- Three-dimensional measurement or estimation of the size of objects.
- Work on the principle of time measuring for a light beam flight on the basis of PMD technology.
- Backlighting, flight time measurement and signal evaluation in one case.
- 3072 values of distance and gradation of gray tones for a detailed estimation of the application of the applied task.
- Analog output 4 ... 20 mA / 0 ... 10 V or 2 switching outputs for displaying results.
- Wide-angle variant with a viewing angle of 64 ° x 48 °
Due to the constant collection of information from users and numerous tests our sensors have a numerous applications so it can be combined with various automation systems.