SIEMENS Positioners SIPART PS2
Control valve positioner PS2 4-20MA 1.4-7 BAR for pneumatic linear and part-turn actuators.
Electro-pneumatic positioners SIPART PS2 (6DR5 series) are used to adjust the position of the valves on pneumatic translational and rotary actuators. The positioner mounts the position of valve on the actuator which is equal to the set value. Through additional functional entrances it is possible to start blocking or position of valve safety. For this purpose there is a standard binary input in a basic device.
Positioners SIPART PS2 differ from ordinary devices next decisive advantages:
-simple installation and automatic commissioning (automatic compensation of a zero point and interval) ;
-disparaging low air consumption in stationary mode;
-the function of "sealing" (provides max. thrust force on the saddle valve);
-many functions can be activated by simple configuring (for example, the characteristics and limitation);
-extensive diagnostic functions for valve or actuator;
-only one variant of the device for translational and rotary actuators;
-not sensitive to vibrations due to the low moving mass;
-an external non-contact position sensor for harsh outdoor conditions.
SIPART PS2 positioner can be used in the followings industries: chemistry, power-stations, paper and glass, food and pharmaceutical industry, offshore installation and others.
Types of SIPART PS2 positioners:
1) For single acting actuators in the plastic housing, stainless steel or aluminium housing.
2) For double-acting actuators in plastic housing and stainless steel housing.
3) for explosion-proof applications (as the intrinsically safe equipment EEx ia/ib, in flameproof enclosure (EEx d) or with type of protection Ex n (non sparking)).
There are three variants of SIPART PS2:
1) with 0/4 -20 mA communication, control with HART signal;
2) with communication interface PROFIBUS PA (EEx ia);
3) with communication interface Foundation Fieldbus (FF).
Electro-pneumatic positioner SIPART PS2 is radically different from the usual working devices. Comparison of set and actual values of the position of the actuator is performed electronically in a microcontroller. During fixing of deviation by microcontroller he manages by piezometers with the method of 5-way switch, through which air into the chamber of the pneumatic actuator dosages.