ACS800-37 is line of single ABB cabinet-built drives with low harmonics.
Single ABB ACS800 drives are full-featured drives of alternating current, which can be installed without any additional cabinet or enclosures. There are single drives of a wall-mounting, floor and cabinet-built drives. Single drives have protection class not lower IP21. Housing with a higher protection degree are available as additional equipment.
Low harmonic ABB ACS800 37 drives offer a simple solution to reduce the level of harmonics entering the mains supply. The device that provides suppression of harmonics acts together with a drive and does not require additional filters or difficult multipulse systems with the use of the special transformers. Cabinet-built ACS800 37 drive provides low harmonic during work in the range of powers 37 - 2700 kW. He possesses unique facilities of suppression of harmonic that are built-in directly in a drive.
A drive has built-in active rectifier and network filter, suppressing harmonics. A result is an extraordinarily low level of harmonics, given out in a network, with a total harmonic distortion of current of less than 5,0 %. It is less than allowed by the IEEE519 standard even in the weakest network. Application of ACS800-37 drive is simple and compact decision that appropriate stringent quality standards of electricity.
ACS800-37 drives provide a wide variety of standardized configurations adapted to the requirements of different applications.
The drive has wide set of the built standard and additional equipment. Conception of the intellectual module simplifies technical service and provides redundancy in the range of large capacities. Classes of protection are IP22, IP42, IP21, IP54R and IP54.
Benefits of ACS800-37 drives:
- compact design;
- active rectifier;
- built-in harmonic filter;
- EMC filter for 2 conditions;
- main switch with fuses aR (sizes R6 R8i);
- supply contactor (sizes R6 R8i);
- pull-out air circuit breaker (size nxR8i)
- du/dt filters (standard accessory for size nxR8i);
- common mode noise filter for the protection of motor bearings (size R7i nxR8i);
- circuit board coating;
- programmable inputs/outputs;
- cooling fan and capacitors with a long service life;
- control inputs with galvanic isolation;
- internal slots for expansion modules of inputs/output and Fieldbus.
The line of ABB ACS800 31 single drives has power range from 5,5 to 110 kW and wall mounting. One of main their features is build-in low harmonic line filter, that reduce harmonics in performance equation of customers. Besides drives have active supply unit. All this exclude the use of multi-pulse transformers or devices of external filtering. Standard enclosure class is IP 21.
Reliability and wide range of external and built-in options allow to apply this series of drives in different fields of industry.
Benefits of ACS800-31 drives:
- DTC as standard (Direct Torque Control);
- active supply unit;
- less than 5% of total harmonic current distortion;
- EMC filter (build-in);
- flexible possibilities of input-output and encoder options;
- support of large spectrum of fieldbus protocols.
The ABB ACS800 38 is a line of low harmonic drives. They are designed for outdoor use and are perfect in harsh environments. The main adventure of these converters is eliminating of harmonics. They are suitable if necessary transportation to another installation without fixed facilities. Working temperature of these drives is up to 55°C (+131°F) thanks to cabinet construction with double thermal layer.
Reliable long operation drives life is provided by lockable cabinet construction and high protection degree (standard IP55 and option of IP56 / NEMA 4). One of drive distinctive feature is self-contained cooling system that excludes risk of ingress of sand and corrosive gases into interior parts of the cabinet. This fact significantly reduces maintenance needs.
ACS 800-17 drives can use in many applications of industry such as conveyors, pumps, compressors, harsh outdoor environments and others.
Benefits of ACS800 38 drives:
- DTC as standard (Direct Torque Control);
- low harmonic drive modules;
- easy transportation;
- easy connection to motor and power supply;
- close loop cooling system (self-contained);
- high working temperature (up to 55 °C (131 °F));