Burkert Solenoid Valves
Choose a subcategory:
A-normally closed, inlet port 1 (P/NC), 1,20 mm (3/64 inch)
00164579 2000-B-2-20,0-EE-VA-SA93-C-D *AF93+NK51
Actuator for 2/2-way angle seat valve, 25mm (1")
Burkert type 6223 is 2/2-way proportional solenoid valves
Burkert type 0142 is a normally closed two-way valve with a servo-assisted diaphragm.
Burkert Type 0340 is a servo-assisted 3/2-way piston valve.
The Bürkert T-valve system without dead zones
Burkert solenoid valves are electromechanically operated systems for regulating the flow of liquids or gases.
Burkert Solenoid Valve Types
Company produces two main types of solenoid units, depending on the operation principle:
- direct acting or
Burkert releases the following categories of solenoid valves:
- General purpose 2/2 is a valve category with dual ports. They have the simplest and the most reliable flow control mechanism.
- General purpose 3/2 is a valve type with 3 ports and 2 flow paths in their design. This is the most popular model in distribution systems.
- Water Solenoid is a unit that specifically designed for work with the water flow. Its main features are hygiene and tightness. Such products can work with drinking water.
- Hazardous Location valves are designed for operating in the harsh and aggressive environments. They conform all requirements of the basic certificates: ATEX, IECEx, EAC, NEPSI etc.
- Steam solenoid valves are created for work with steam flow. Company manufactures piston and plunger variants.
- High-pressure valves perform work in conditions with high pressure. It is available as direct-acting plunger or servo-assisted piston type.
- Cryogenic valves are created for work at very low temperature ranges. Such devices work with both gases and liquids.
- Media separated valves will be good solution for aggressive and contaminated conditions.
- Burkert solenoid valves are the famous standard of reliability and manufacturability in the modern World. This is achieved due to the vast experience of the Company in the field of fluid control automation.
How does a Burkert solenoid valve work?
What is a solenoid valve? By design, a solenoid valve is no different from a simple valve of a standard shut-off valve. A solenoid in this case means "electrical". The only difference is in the way it is controlled - it is implemented in automatic mode and involves remote action on the shut-off device.
Like any element of shut-off valves, the solenoid valve is housed in a body. The rugged metal body of the product is made of cast iron or brass. Modern shut-off elements are also often equipped with a body made of high-strength polymers. As such material can be nylon and traditional polypropylene. The valve covers are also made of the same materials.
In addition to the body, the Burkert solenoid valve includes the following components:
The main driving element of the valve is the diaphragm designed as a piston. The solenoid coil acts as the main device on the basis of which the automatic control of the shut-off element is realized. The valves are called solenoid valves because the plungers and rods present in their design are made of magnetic materials.
The device is used in different fields, which determines the diversity of its types. There is Burkert solenoid valve catalog:
- direct action - the solenoid, when voltage is applied directly, changes the position of the diaphragm, i.e., it opens or closes the valve, maintaining the power of the solenoid used, which allows virtually no limit on the diameter of the passage opening and the value of the recommended pressure in the pipe;
- indirect action - when voltage is applied, they act on the other (non-electromagnetic) valve, losing power, so they operate only at minimum (close to zero) pressure drop;
- open and closed - change the position of the stem under-voltage to open or closed;
- bistable - pulses of alternating polarity are required for operation, so they operate only with a DC power supply. No voltage to the coil is required to hold open or closed position;
- battery-operated - they switch with a brief application of a voltage of a certain polarity;
- for low-pressure systems - operate with the direct current;
- AC operated - allow a stronger electromagnetic field to overcome pressure loads on the diaphragm.
- gas and water shutoff valves typically use 220 volt AC current. The resulting power ensures the reliability and safety of the system.
The design of the apparatus ensures its tightness. A magnetic core is located inside the solenoid coil tube. When the coil receives a signal from a sensor or controller, the core retracts inside and opens the valve. Burkert solenoid valve distributors offer products in several variations, which can be chosen according to the actual needs of the buyer.
What is a solenoid valve used for?
Typically, modern irrigation or spraying systems used in the home as well as in industrial applications have a remote control. This means that the operator no longer has to go over and manually unscrew the lever of the machine every time. It is enough just to press a button on the remote control and the faucet will automatically open or close to let water into the system. A separate advantage of solenoid valves is that they can be set on a timer. That is, the irrigation system can be pre-programmed to operate at a certain point in time, after which the solenoid valve Burkert will shut off the fluid supply to the system.
Continuously regulating elements are electromagnetic proportional valves designed to control the flow of gases or liquids with an adjustable level of the input signal. You have the opportunity to buy products by contacting the company Pneumoelement, whose catalog contains an extensive range of products.
The vast majority of models function on and off. They are either fully closed or fully open. If the electric current at the inlet varies, it is possible to regulate smoothly. In other cases, the fluid flow will be continuous. Therefore, all varieties of devices are divided into conventional devices and those equipped with an electric actuator. The latter category includes elements equipped with powerful and high-precision stepper motors.
Their power is redistributed to the actuator, which makes it possible to carry out a gradual opening. Such devices are used in electronic equipment in medical and analytical devices. They work with cooling circuits, burners, fuel systems where dosing of substances is required, as well as with compact process controllers. The products are characterized by accuracy and stability. They are economical, compact, fast reacting, and have a long service life. Burkert solenoid valve price can be very profitable. High-quality, robust products are actively used not only in businesses but also in the home.