ELTRA EA 58 B-C - 63 A-D-E Profibus
ABSOLUTE ROTARY ENCODER ø 58-63 mm
This series of encoders with solid shaft is complying to the Profibus DP standard as described on the European Standard EN 50170 Volume 2. Particularly, Eltra Profibus encoders are according to “PROFIBUS-Profile for Encoders, Order No. 3.062”. The Profibus DP interface maintains the same maximum resolution and characteristics (8192 ppr) of the stand-alone version and adds the plus of the Profibus DP network.
By the Profibus DP network is possible:
· During the periodic data exchange, getting the indication of the angular position from the encoder.
· During the set up, setting the resolution as number positions within the single turn.
· During the set up, changing the default increase direction count.
· To perform the PRESET operation (set the encoder to read a specific position).
· Reading the diagnostic operating mode.
· Getting info about the code supplied by the device.
MAIN FEATURES ELTRA EA 58-63 A/B/C/D/E Profibus - Solid shaft:
ø 58-63 mm
Up to IP66 sealing
Up to 13 bit resolution.
Up to 12 Mbaud
Working temperature: 0° ... +60°C
Maximum resolution 8192 ppr
Directly from the device it is possible:
· To display the ON/OFF status.
· To display the device activity on the bus.
· Setting the device address.
· If requested, inserting in the bus the termination resistance.
· Inverting the counting direction.