Eltra Encoder Linear Encoder
Standard magnetic tape to be used with ETMA. 5mm pitch for ETMA.
Linear encoder is a device that allow to measure linear movements of an object and convert them into a special signal. Such equipment as linear sensors or linear transducers are tied to the scale which encodes the position of detail.
Eltra linear encoder and linear potentiometer structure
Linear transducers produce rectilinear displacement measurements. They act only on one of the coordinate axes. Therefore, linear and rotary transducers have a difference in their design.
Linear sensors consists of the following main parts:
- mechanical interface ;
- linear scale of encoder ;
- optoelectronic receiver or magnetic sensor ;
- electrical interface.
By the method of signal transmission, the devices are divided into magnetic and optical. In the Elra encoders linear type there are such basic methods of signal transmission:
- By linear optical or photoelectrical scanning.
- By linear magnetic field.
- By linear potentiometer.
- By linear magnetostrictive effect.
Potentiometer is a sensor (potentiometric transducer) which input signal is the movement of a contact, and the output signal is a voltage from this contact. They are divided by purpose. There are two main types: linear and rotary potentiometer.
Such appliance consists of a special wire or metal layer, an insulating layer and a contact that is moved along the conductor. The principle of operation based on the counting changes in resistance, created by the displacement of object inside electrical circuit.
ELTRA S.P.A. linear sensors series
The company's linear encoding products are divided into several general categories:
- Absolute magnetostrictive linear transducers.
- Absolute linear potentiometer transducers.
- Optical and magnetic Incremental linear encoders.
- Wire encoders (rope encoders).
All devices also have a high degree of protection against mechanical stress and a high level of measurement accuracy.
The main series of eltra encoder linear:
- ER (ERA / ERB / ERC / ERD / ERE / ERF) – incremental linear encoder ;
- EBTMA – with magnetic tape;
- ETMA 1-2 –magnetic incremental linear encoder ;
- FE – rope encoder series ;
- EPLA – linear potentiometer ;
- EMSPA – magnetostrictive with analogue signal ;
- FES – wire encoder series ;
- EMSPB – magnetostrictive analogue ;
- EPLA – linear potentiometer ;
- EPLC – rodless linear potentiometer ;
- EMSPS – magnetostrictive with SSI ;
- EPLT– linear potentiometer wth ball tip ;
- EMSSA – magnetostrictive analogue ;
- EPLB – cylindrical linear potentiometer ;
- EMSSS – magnetostrictive SSI.
A wide range of products Eltra spa allows you to choose the device for all applications. The most popular models are eltra era 200S8, eltra erb 58b, fe 1500.
Advantages of Eltra Linear Sensors
Eltra linear transducers have high accuracy, long life and simple installation. The standard piston stroke in such company`s is from 10 to 1250 mm. Easy installation, due to the presence of a groove in the potentiometer construction, will be the optimal solution for the most used machines as, for example, injection press.
Due to the large variation of models, manufactured by producer, they are able to provide accurate reading in a wide range of configurations. Convenient installation will provide by a rod for coupling inside the hydraulic pistons or in the profile housing.
In conclusion, we can say that Eltra encoders have excellent positioning, noise reduction, high reliability and ease of use. They will be the ideal and economical solution for any type of production.
- Choose a subcategory:
- Absolute magnetostrictive transducer
- Absolute potentiometer encoder
- Incremental linear encoder